Arbour Crest was established in Saskatoon SK in 2008. Robin Adair, graduated with honours in Horticulture from Olds College in 1996. Robin became an International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) Certified Arborist in 1996. To learn the trade and gain expertise, he worked for several tree companies in the Calgary area. In 2010, Robin received his Canadian Nursery Landscape Association (CNLA) Certified Landscape Technician credentials. In 2015, Robin and another Arbour Crest arborist received their Tree Risk Assessment Qualification credentials. This qualification can provide tree owners and risk managers with the information to make informed decisions to enhance tree benefits, health, and longevity. Robin keeps his horticultural knowledge current by attending conferences and trade shows across Western Canada as well as attending tree-climbing competitions and writing articles/teaching seminars.
Robin taught the pruning portion of the Master Gardener program at the Calgary Zoo from 1999 to 2007 and taught hands-on pruning courses for the Calgary Horticultural Society and community associations around Calgary. Now in Saskatoon, Robin has been an instructor for Master Gardeners, for Hort. Week at the University of Saskatchewan, and presents tree care workshops for Lee Valley Tools and other associations around Saskatoon.
We are a quality-driven company. In delivering our services, we partner with our clients to ensure the work is done in a prompt, environmentally sound, and professional manner with the least possible disruption to the trees and our clients’ lives! We recognise that our clients’ time is valuable.
- We stay very close to our clients through emails and tree fertilizing visits.
- We pride ourselves on efficient customer service, e.g., we call one or two days prior to commencing work to give our clients a reminder that we are on our way.
- We leave the job-site as clean, or cleaner than when we arrived.
- We communicate with the City of Saskatoon on our client’s behalf to make sure we do not remove or prune any trees that are on City property.
- We recycle our tree debris instead of taking it to the landfill.
- Please phone or email us anytime with any comments or suggestions;
Email: email@example.com – Phone: 306.242.TREE(8733)
There are numerous benefits to planting trees both economic and spiritual.
- A deciduous tree planted on the south side of a house on the prairies shades the house and keeps it cool in the summer. In the winter the leaves fall and the house can get as much sun as possible.
- Less electricity is used to power air conditioners in the summer in houses that are shaded by trees. Shade trees can cool a house by up to 8-10 degrees Celsius in the summer.
- Less natural gas is used in the winter to heat acreage homes when the home is surrounded by a thick shelter-belt of trees.
- Trees sequester carbon from the atmosphere. Planting trees lessens your carbon footprint and helps reduce global warming and localised warming.
- Trees and shrubs filter water, cool neighbourhoods, reduce erosion, harbour wildlife, and block wind.
- Trees absorb air pollutants like ozone, carbon dioxide and sulphur dioxide and then give off oxygen. One tree produces about 260 pounds of oxygen each year!
Published Articles:(click here)
Have a look through articles pertaining to tree disease, pruning and much more.
Arbour Crest serves residents and businesses in central Saskatchewan and north to cottage country. We specialise in providing professional tree, landscape and snow removal services to customers whose needs range from small yards, large condo complexes, golf courses to even expansive acreages. Above all, customer service and the proper care of trees and landscapes are our key objectives. What sets us apart is our commitment to staff training and sharing that knowledge with our customers. Then we and the customer feel comfortable making the right decisions for a healthy yard for years to come. Through our professionalism, we help build trust between people and horticulture service providers!
Affiliations & Links:
- International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) – Member, Former Director and ISA Certified Arborists on staff
- Landscape Saskatchewan – Member, Director and Certified Landscaperye Technicians on staff
- BBB– Better Business Bureau of Saskatchewan – Member
- Saskatoon Horticulture Society (SHS) – Member and Workshop Instructor
- SOS Trees Coalition Inc. – Member
- Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital of Saskatchewan – Yearly donation for our ‘Plant for Kids’ Program
- Workers Compensation Board (WCB) Saskatchewan – Member
- ISA – Prairie Chapter
- Arborist Supply Company
- Canadian Nursery Landscape Association
- Daxx Training
- COR Certified
ArborMaster™ and Arboriculture Canada Training and Education Ltd. – staff training programs